Not able to run my SQLTest.cs as a load test in VSTS

Sep 22, 2008 at 12:51 PM
Hi,
I am not able to run the SQLTest as a loadtest in VSTS.
Also i am not able to understand the following step as mentioned in the example:
"From the "Test View" run the SQLTEST unit test and watch the profiler..."

Where is this "Test View" ?

Can you please help me

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Alok Gupta

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2008 at 8:48 PM
When you say you can't run a load test, can you explain more precisely what the problem is? Do you mean that you are unable to define a load test or do you mean that the load test you have defined does not run, in the latter case what is the error you are getting?

The Test View is available by going to the Test menu, then selecting Windows, it should be the first option. Which version of Visual Studio are you using and which edition is it?

Regards

Rob
Sep 23, 2008 at 7:57 AM
Hi,
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

I have generated a trace file for some SQL queries like update the table etc using SQL 2005.
I have VSTS 2008 Team suite installed. When i try to run the unit test cases generated from this trace file it gives me many error regarding VSTS.
Do i need to do some configuration before running its as load test?

It will be great if you can brief some more on adding the unit test case as Load Test.

Once again thank you for your reply.

Regards,
Alok Gupta
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2008 at 12:01 PM
Adding a unit test to a load test should just be a matter of adding the unit test as a component of the load test. Can you tell me what errors you are getting?
Sep 25, 2008 at 6:33 AM
Hi...
I was successfully able to run the load test.
It was my bad.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.