customizing parameters

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Edited Jan 31, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Very nice tool but I have few questions?

Is there easier way to customize parameters for queires and SPs? We have thousands of queries/SPs that get executed on the SQL server.

How do we handle thinktime within the generated Unit test code? Is there way to add the thinktime as it was read from the tracefile?

Is there a log file created for the queries that do not get generated? Number of queries generated in the code ( in Statement()) not matching the number of the queries in the trace file.

Are you planning to update the tool with prepared statements? Do you have any suggestions on how to add the prepared statments in the unit test code?

THanks in advance
Coordinator
Feb 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM
For parameter customisation the only thing I can think of to make it easier is to consider data-driven tests. It would still need some effort to put it in, but you could drive the actual data from spreadsheets etc.

Think time is generally done in the load test setup rather than in individual unit tests. That said, I did think at the time of making use of the timing information that is available from the trace, but this is not currently implemented.

There is no log file for queries that are not generated. It logs the filtered out queries to the console. Basically it filters out anything against the master, model and msdb databases, and calls to sp_reset_connection.

It was always my intention to add prepared statements, but finding the time is very difficult.