Support for XML types

Feb 25, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Hi All,

I have a trace file that contains xml data types also. can someone help me to solve this ?

Any syggestion is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dhinesh
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Unfortunately, as stated on the home page, the tool does not support XML data types. Does your trace contain a lot of XML data types? If it is not a lot then perhaps it would be possible to add those in by hand?

Regards

Rob
Feb 27, 2013 at 4:45 AM
Hi Rob,

Thanks for the response.
Yes, my trace file contains too many xml types. So i would be quite difficult to replace all of them manually.

Is there any other solution available to resolve this ?
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 8:01 AM
I am not personally aware of any other solutions, but that is not to say they don't exist. Have you considered modifying the source code to add the support you need?

Regards

Rob
Feb 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Hi Rob,

Yes i have a plan to do that. But i dont know where to start. Do you have any documents related to this ?

Thanks,
Dhinesh
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Sorry, but there is no documentation that goes with the code. However, I hope you will find the code fairly easy to follow. If you have any specific questions then let me know.

Regards

Rob
Feb 28, 2013 at 5:23 AM
Thanks Rob for the quick response. Yes , i will try to implement the code base and if it is done i will let you know.

Thanks,
Dhinesh
Mar 4, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Hi Rob,

May i know why xml type was not implemented before ?? Any specific reason behind this ?

Thanks,
Dhinesh
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2013 at 10:49 PM
I am sorry but I no longer recall why, probably it was just a question of the time available.

Regards

Rob